Friday, December 4, 2009

December Goals

December Goals:

Play 40K hands.
run somewhere around 15/12 and 5BB/100
Move to 50nl.



I wasn't able to play the first 2 days of December because of work at Gov't TV going super late.
Although, during those days, I was able to do a good deal of reading and review, and that's important.

I talked to Greg from 2p2 and he gave me a couple of "test" questions that had to do with value betting and iso raises.  It seems like I failed at the time, but I feel like a lot of that was because I was unable to effectively communicate what I was trying to say.  I kept over thinking the situations.

The thing though, is that even though I "failed" the questions, the discussion got me thinking about some of the spots where I can extract just a little bit more value here and there.  The great thing about poker is that a few extra big blinds every couple of orbits can dramatically increase one's win-rate, that's why Blind Stealing is such an important aspect in a winning players game.

During my session on 12-3 I was actively talking out my decisions out loud so that I could begin to start communicating my thought process to myself and others more easily when I talk about hands later.

December 3rd, 653 hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment